Vermont recently published an updated version of Form MTT-600, ACH Credit Processing Guide. These instructions are used by filers to assist in setting up and submitting payments using the ACH Credit system.
A number of updates were published in the most recent version of this form, which are as follows:
- A section was added on the first page detailing the information needed to set up an ACH credit account, along with the formatting instructions for this information.
- Under the “VTax ACH Credit Payment Options” table, “Fire Training Tax” and “Hazardous Waste” were added under the “Miscellaneous Taxes” section.
- The banking information for ACH credit payments to the Vermont Department of Taxes has changed.
- See p. 3 of Form MTT-600 for the complete information including bank name, address, and relevant banking numbers.
- A section on “Common problems with ACH Credit Payment Submissions” was added, which include invalid tax type code and improper formatting of taxpayer ID and filing period.
To review this form in full, please click here.
About the AuthorMore Content by Paul Ogawa