South Carolina recently published the 2017 version of Publication RS1, the Instructions & Specification for Filing Forms W-2. This publication is used by filers to produce and upload withholding reporting information to the South Carolina Department of Revenue, through their MyDORWAY portal.
There are a few changes to the publication from the previous version, which are as follows:
- All references to the SCBOS.SC.Gov portal have been removed, and are replaced with links to the MyDORWAY.dor.sc.gov portal. MyDORWAY is now the only portal through which filers can submit withholding records electronically.
- File Requirements (p. 3): Additional requirements were created for the file naming convention.
- State wage records should be named “W2ReportXX_XX.txt”. The first “XX” refers to the version of the file you are submitting: the first version should read “01” in the first “XX” position, and increase with each subsequent version submitted.
- The second “XX” refers to the last two digits of the tax year. This part of the naming convention remains unchanged from the previous version of the specifications.
- FAQs (p. 5): Under the third FAQ (“Do I register or is there an application before filing electronically or by CD-ROM”), the change to MyDORWAY requires a one-time registration (previous online portals did not require registration).
About the AuthorMore Content by Paul Ogawa