Revenu Quebec recently released an updated form and electronic specifications for Form RL-3. This form is used to report investment income to Revenu Quebec. Please note that the language policy in place requires communications with Revenu Quebec to be in French, and as such the forms are entirely in French as well.
There are a few updates to the form, which are as follows:
- Copie 1:
- Box D has been renamed to “Intérêts de source canadienne” (Interest from Canadian Sources).
- Box K was added in the latest version of the form, labeled “Intérêts de billets liés” (Interest on Linked Notes).
- The 2D Bar Code was updated with the suffix “14EJ”.
- Copie 2:
- Adjustment to the title of Box D and the addition of Box K were added to the form instructions.
- The “Renseignements complémentaires” (Further Information) section added new language: sections A11, A12, A21, A22, and K-1 were added in the latest version.
- These amount codes were added for the calculation of eligible and ordinary dividends.
- Minor formatting changes to the box structure were added in this latest version.
- The 2D Bar Code was updated with the suffix “14EH”.
There are also updates to the electronic specifications, which are as follows:
- The applicable years in the specifications were updated to 2018 or 2019.
- Under the <NoCertification> tag, the description of the certification number was updated to the proper format for 2018 reports: as an example, RQ-18-99-999.
- Under the <A1_DividendeDetermine> tag, descriptive language was added regarding eligible dividends.
- “Enter the total of the actual amount of eligible divdends. For the 2018 taxation year, this amount is the sum of the additional information A11 and A12. For the 2019 taxation year, the additional information A11 and A12 must not be used.”
- Under the <A2_dividendeOrdinaire> tag, additional descriptive language was added regarding ordinary dividends.
- “Enter the total of the actual amount of ordinary dividends. For the 2018 taxation year, this amount is the sum of the additional information A21 and A22. For the 2019 taxation year, the additional information A21 and A22 must not be used.”
- The tag <K_InteretBilletsLies> was added to account for Box K on the form (Linked Notes)
- The tag <CaseRensCompl> was added to the specifications to account for the additional information codes added to the form for TY 2018 (including A11, A12, A21, A22, and K-1).
About the AuthorMore Content by Paul Ogawa