Ohio has released its specifications for the reporting of W-2s via magnetic media. The revised specifications largely mirror the federal specifications published by the Social Security Administration.
- A new box 12 income code, GG, is used for Qualified Equity Grants Under Section 83 reported in:
- RO Record positions 122-132
- RU Record positions 160-174
- A new box 12 income code, HH, is used for Aggregate Deferrals Under Section 83 Elections as of the Close of the Calendar Year, reported in:
- RO Record positions 133-143
- RU Record positions 175-189
- The Social Security Wage Base for tax year 2018 is $128,400;
- The employer and employee tax rate for Social Security will be withheld at 6.2 percent (up to $7,960.80);
- The 2018 Social Security and Medicare coverage threshold for Household wages is $2,100;
- An “Important Note” has been added reminding filers that the Employer’s Name and Address must match those provided on IRS forms 941, 943, 944, 945, CT-1, or Schedule H; and
- Additional details on what is an expected value for state employer account numbers have been provided.
To review Ohio’s specifications for electronic filing of W-2s, please follow this link.
About the AuthorMore Content by Jesse Rooney