Ohio's Department of Taxation recently published the 2017 W-2 Filing Specifications. The Department of Taxation accepts W-2 and 1099-R data in CD-ROM format.
There are several key changes from last year's specifications that should be noted:
- A new box 12 Code FF money field, Permitted Benefits Under a Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (Code FF), has been added to the RW Employee Record in positions 474-484 and the RT Total Record in positions 400-414.
- The Social Security Wage Base for tax year 2017 is $127,200.
- The employer and employee tax rate for Social Security will be withheld at 6.2% (up to $7,886.40).
- The 2017 Social Security and Medicare coverage threshold for Household wages is $2,000.
- The filing due date is January 31, 2018.