The Minnesota Department of Revenue has revised Fact Sheet 2, W-2 and W-2c specifications for tax year 2018. The main update to this publication is the addition of W-2c filing information. The following information has been updated from the prior year’s version:
- W-2c information will not be submitted in the same manner as W-2 information.
- The January 31 due date applies for taxpayers actively registered for Minnesota Withholding Tax.
- Filers with 10 or fewer forms (W-2s plus 1099s) may send paper copies rather than filing electronically. These paper copies should be sent to:
- Minnesota Revenue, Mail Station 1173, St. Paul, MN 55146-1173
- Forms W-2c may be filed electronically, or by mail to the address above.
- The “Key and Send” filing method may be used to submit Forms W-2c.
- The EFW2 filing method has been expanded to allow for EFW2c file formats
- Third party by the bulk filers should submit W-2c information using the EFW2c file format.
- The “e-Services” filing method may be used to submit Forms W-2c using the EFW2c file type.
About the AuthorMore Content by Tom Hospod