The IRS has updated Publication 5258, the AIR Submission Composition and Reference Guide. There are a number of changes from the previous revision:
- Corrected Text in Section 6.3
- New note to indicate that TY2017 AATS begins with either AATS1094B or AATS1094C, and for prior year (TY2015, TY2016) transmissions, the Receipt ID format begins with either AATS 1095B or 1095C.
- New note to indicate that TY2017 Production transmissions begins with either 1094B or 1094C, and for prior year (TY2015, TY2016) Production transmissions, the Receipt ID format begins with either 1095B or 1095C.
- Correct an error in Table 6-2: Unique Submission Identifier
- Updated Section 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- DigestMethod Algorithm has been changed
- SignatureMethod Algorithm has been changed
To view the updated Publication 5258, please click here.
About the Author
Adam Rivera is a member of the Regulatory Analysis Team's Direct Tax division at Sovos. His main areas of focus are Federal and State Tax Withholding and Affordable Care Act (ACA) Reporting. Prior to Sovos, Adam worked as a legislative aide in the Florida House of Representatives. He also has experience in securities law, focusing on securities litigation and researching emerging crowdfunding methods of raising capital. Adam is a member of both the Massachusetts and Florida Bars. He earned his B.A. from the University of Florida and his J.D. from the University of Miami.More Content by Adam Rivera