The IRS has updated Publication 5258, the AIR Submission Composition and Reference Guide. There are a number of changes from the previous revision:
- Corrected Text in Section 6.3
- New note to indicate that TY2017 AATS begins with either AATS1094B or AATS1094C, and for prior year (TY2015, TY2016) transmissions, the Receipt ID format begins with either AATS 1095B or 1095C.
- New note to indicate that TY2017 Production transmissions begins with either 1094B or 1094C, and for prior year (TY2015, TY2016) Production transmissions, the Receipt ID format begins with either 1095B or 1095C.
- Correct an error in Table 6-2: Unique Submission Identifier
- Updated Section 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- DigestMethod Algorithm has been changed
- SignatureMethod Algorithm has been changed
To view the updated Publication 5258, please click here.
About the AuthorMore Content by Adam Rivera