Arizona recently released an updated Form A1-QRT, Quarterly Withholding Tax Return. This form is used by businesses to report their quarterly withholding amounts and payment deposits.
There are a few changes to the latest version of this form, which are as follows:
- The annual deposit schedule date has been moved up from February 28 to January 31, for wage periods spanning from January to December of the prior year.
- Employers that deposit on an annual basis must do so using Form A1-APR, not A1-QRT.
- Part 4, Sections A, B, and C: Group D semi-weekly depositors must remit higher amounts on the 15th and 30th of the month:
- If the wages were paid on the 15th (Monday), then the tax withheld and the amount due on Friday is $711.82.
- If the wages were paid on the 31st (Wednesday), then the tax withheld and amount due on the following Wednesday is $914.12.
To review the A1-QRT Form in full, please click here.
About the AuthorMore Content by Paul Ogawa