The South Carolina Department of Revenue recently released an updated version of Publication RS-1, Instructions and Specifications for Filing Forms W-2. This publication is used for guidance when filing W-2 reports with the South Carolina Department of Revenue, and provides specifications for electronic (including magnetic media) filing.
Please note that the deadline for W-2 reporting in South Carolina is on January 31, which has passed.
There are some minor changes to the publication in this most recent update.
- The mailing address for Paper and CD-ROM filing was updated to include a P.O. Box:
- SC Department of Revenue, PO Box 125, Columbia, SC 29214-0022 (for Paper)
- SC Department of Revenue, PO Box 125, Columbia, SC 29214-0885 (for CD-ROM)
- Filing by CD ROM is limited to less than 250 records.
- This is a clarification from previous versions, which do not make this distinction.
To review this publication in full, please click [here|https://dor.sc.gov/forms-site/Forms/RS1.pdf].
About the Author
Paul Ogawa is a Junior Regulatory Counsel at Sovos Compliance. As part of the Regulatory Analysis team, his main areas of focus are state and federal tax withholding, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and Canadian tax information reporting. Prior to Sovos, Paul worked as a litigation attorney in Boston area law firms, representing clients in insurance subrogation claims, family law matters, and employment disputes. Paul is a member of the Massachusetts Bar, earned his B.A. from Brandeis University and his J.D. from the Suffolk University Law School.More Content by Paul Ogawa