Pennsylvania’s Department of Revenue recently released their instructions and specifications for W-2 and 1099 electronic filing for Tax Year 2018. Pennsylvania’s Department of Revenue has combined their previously separate specifications for W2 and 1099 to one new publication.
There are a number of changes in the new publication and the key points are as follows:
- The filing due date is January 31^st^ regardless on if January 31^st^ falls on a weekend or holiday;
- Filers submitting 250 forms or more must file electronically through the e-TIDES site;
- Files must not exceed 20 MBs in size.
- 1099-R and W-2 reports must be separated before uploading to the e-TIDES site (in .csv format);
- Beginning with TY 2018, e-Tides will accept W-2 reports in the SSA’s EFW-2 format with Pennsylvania-specific modifications;
- As of Tax Year 2018, ITINs (Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers) will be accepted in lieu of a SSN.
To review these and all updates in full, please click here.
About the AuthorMore Content by Paul Ogawa