Idaho has released its 2018 Guide to Idaho Withholding. There are a number of changes from last year’s revision:
- New tax laws have significantly changes the withholding tables for 2018.
- The figures are effective for 2018, but filers will not need to adjust the withholding for the months before the tables were published
- Idaho now uses an Idaho allowance count on the federal W-4 line 5 to calculate withholding.
- Idaho withholding allowances are based on the number of children who qualify for the Idaho Child Tax Credit
- Supplemental wage rate has been reduced from 7.4% to 6.925%.
To view the new withholding guide, please click here.
About the Author
Adam Rivera is a member of the Regulatory Analysis Team's Direct Tax division at Sovos. His main areas of focus are Federal and State Tax Withholding and Affordable Care Act (ACA) Reporting. Prior to Sovos, Adam worked as a legislative aide in the Florida House of Representatives. He also has experience in securities law, focusing on securities litigation and researching emerging crowdfunding methods of raising capital. Adam is a member of both the Massachusetts and Florida Bars. He earned his B.A. from the University of Florida and his J.D. from the University of Miami.More Content by Adam Rivera