California's Employment Development Department recently updated DE 8829, the Household Employer's Guide, for 2018. The following changes have been made:
- All returns, wage reports, and tax deposits must be filed online with the EDD. This is a change from last year where employers with less than 10 employers could file by paper.
- The 2018 State Disability Insurance withholding rate is 1%; the SDI taxable wage limit is $114,967 per employee per year; the 2018 DI/PFL max weekly benefit amount is $1,216.
- The DE 3BHW for the quarter ending March 31 will be due April 1. The last day that the form may be turned in without being found delinquent is now April 30, rather than May 1.
- The EDD has changed the layout of Form DE 1HW.
- The value of meals and lodging has increased.
To read the Household Employer's Guide in full, please follow the link.