California recently released an updated version of Publication DE-154, Electronic Funds Transfer Bulk Filer Setup Guide. The purpose of this guide is to provide instruction for payroll agents who use the ACH Debit method to electronically pay the Payroll Tax Deposit using Form DE-88. This publication also provides detailed information on formatting files to submit bulk payments.
There are a few changes to DE-154, some of which include important formatting updates.
- Under Section I (Enroll and Log In to Use e-Services for Business), the subsections entitled “Forgot Your Username” and “Forgot Your Password” include an option for entering a four-digit PIN to retrieve said information.
- Under Section V (Attach a Bulk Payment File Option), the order and language of the numbered steps was updated slightly, but remains the same in substance and effect.
- Under Section VII (XML Format), the element rule for Tax Type Codes for the DE-88 ACH Debit Data includes a new code for transmittals moving forward.
- “01301 = DIVP/0.00” was added in the comments to this rule.
- Under “Common Errors”, the phone number for the California EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center was updated to (888) 745-3886.
To review this publication in full, please click on the link provided here.
The post California Publishes Updated Electronic Funds Transfer Bulk Filer Setup Guide appeared first on Sovos.